Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Surprise!


Thursday July 30th we got the biggest surprise of our lives. And we are still in shock from the news! I was over 45 days late for my period but if you know me and my irregular cycle you know that is just normal. The only reason I took the test was to feel better about having some drinks with the sister in law as she was due to arrive the next day. Andy had left for Costco to stock up on food for the visit and I took the test and left it on the counter while I cleaned. Two minutes later I checked the test fully anticipating finding a negative result. Two blue lines...what does that mean again. OH MY GOD!!!! I attempted to wait for Andy to get home to tell him but instead called pleading for him to hurry, which gave him the heads up that something was going on. I spilled the beans and he giggled and asked if it was true. I thought for sure I was seeing things and that it was an evaporation line. When Andy got home I asked him if he saw anything on the test. He agreed that there was something there, but we were both very skeptical of such a faint line. I said "I think that means I'm pregnant!!" We called Leslie sent some photos and she confirmed that she saw the line as well. I decided to wait and take another one in the morning and it too was positive.

Fast forward to the next Friday Aug 7th. That day, after testing my blood every other day at the DR, we were given the news that the levels in my blood were going up normally and we were in fact going to be having a baby. After waiting another week, we had our first look at my babies home. Unfortunately at that early five weeks we were not able to see the baby just the GS where the baby lives. The following week on Aug 20th I nearly had a heart attack when I saw a heart beating at 108 beats per minute and a small baby that can only be described as glorious. That night after weeks of knowing we told our families the news of the baby.

No comments: